On 18/07/2022 21:35, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I have LibreOffice 7.2.7.2 version as
loaded by default for my Fedora 35 and also have
LibreOffice 7.3.4.2 downloaded from libreoffice.

With both I have tried a simple saved file with the word
test in it. File is saved. Have Tools / Options / Internet /
Email set to /usr/bin/WSENDTO (Thou I did also try using
the direct path to program as well.).

Strange - but in all the years I've been using LO Writer and email, I've never thought or had
reason to look at that setting. But now that you've made me curious, I've had a look to see what
I've got in Tools / Options / Internet / Email and it informs me that my email program is :
sensible-lomua.

I've no idea what that is. I've used Thunderbird in conjunction with Linux and LO for many years
and it just worked.

Sorry.

/usr/bin/WSENDTO has this.
#!/bin/bash
echo $0 $1 $2 $3
/home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/WSENDT
O.EXE $1

Strange thing is that absolutely nothing happens. No box
opens, and nothing in way of a error message is showing
up.. But with my simple macro - running it opens the
email client and has the document attached with no
problem...

Simple Macro
Sub Mailto
Dim oDoc As Object
Dim Path$
oDoc = ThisComponent
Path$ = oDoc.getURL()
If oDoc.HasLocation() Then
shell("/home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/W
SENDTO.EXE " &mid(Path$,8,100) )
Else
   Print "The document has not yet been stored"
End If
End Sub

Tools / Marco / Run and selecting it opens the email client
with the file attached..

Not getting anything is what confuses me. Would expect
something to show on screen, but nothing. The macro
calls same program and takes the passed parameter, and
does trim theFILE://  off the parameter.

   Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
(Retired)
   mailto:mikes@guam.net
   mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
   Guam - Where America's Day Begins