Was trying to get the option to work, but after setting the
program for Internet email nothing  happened when I
tried to send to email. No message No Error.

Created a macro that does seem to work, but is very
basic. Just copied stuff I found on web, so some parts
might be better. First writer macro I've done. Usually do
macros in calc.
Found code getURL that gets path to file that must be
saved already. Probable a command to get it without the
file:// but found another thing to remove that.
Then it is just a matter of calling the WSENDTO.EXE
program and adding the full path to the already save file.
That brings up the Pegasus Email client, and adds the
document as an attachment.

Sub Mailto
Dim oDoc As Object
Dim Path$
oDoc = ThisComponent
Path$ = oDoc.getURL()
If oDoc.HasLocation() Then
  Print "The Document URL is " & oDoc.getURL()
  uWithoutProto = Split(oDoc.getURL(), "file://")(1)
shell("/home/msetzerii/.wine/drive_c/PMAIL/Programs/W
SENDTO.EXE " & uWithoutProto)
Else
  Print "The document has not yet been stored"
End If
End Sub

Has print statements from original code, that could be
removed. The WSENDTO.EXE is the mapi client that
works in windows and works from firefox.  Surprized that
nothing shows with libreoffice.

Thanks.

 Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
(Retired)
 mailto:mikes@guam.net
 mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
 Guam - Where America's Day Begins