On 16/03/2022 18:27, Brian Barker wrote:
At 16:29 16/03/2022 +0000, Dave Barton wrote:
I am looking for a find & replace solution in Writer, where there is a
blank space as the last character of a paragraph (eg. last word
<space><LF><CR>). In the original OOo and most of the text editors I
use the simple solution that worked/works perfectly is: Find =
<space>$ Replace = $ (Note: I use <space> here to represent a single
space character). This does not work in LO Writer, so I am forced to
fiddle around copying from LO and pasting into AOO, running F&R in
AOO, then copy/paste back again. Any pointers would be welcome.

I'm surprised that exactly what you say works in OpenOffice. Don't you
need to find space-dollar, just as you describe, but to replace with
nothing? Replacing with dollar will surely insert an unwanted dollar
character?

Or have you forgotten to click "Other options" in the Find and Replace
dialogue and to tick "Regular expressions"?

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker

Hi Brian,

After 22 Years of you and I being involved in this project, I genuinely
bow to your superior knowledge in this area. However, I do assure you
that the convoluted LO->AOO->LO  nonsense works for me, exactly as it
did in the days of OOo.

No, I have not forgotten to click "Other options in the Find and Replace
dialogue and to tick "Regular expressions", please see my screen capture:
https://www.mediafire.com/view/80552jkp3qw6o8x/F%2526R_LO.png/file

Here is a very simplistic file illustrating the <space><CR><LF>
paragraph endings:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vmixa9r4dhjpc9e/F%2526R_LO.odt/file

Version: 7.3.1.3 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a69ca51ded25f3eefd52d7bf9a5fad8c90b87951
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: default; VCL: win
Locale: es-ES (en_IE); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

If you can please show me where I am going wrong, I would be extremely
grateful.

Dave Barton