On 20/05/2021 14:11, Italo Vignoli wrote:
On 5/20/21 12:15 PM, Mike Scott wrote:
On 20/05/2021 10:46, Italo Vignoli wrote:

I will check. I can sed the video back, and have the text on top of it, maybe is just the configuration of the text animation (as the text to be on top of the video has to be managed with an animation).

Thanks.

Not sure where you're going with text animation. I don't know whether you're referring to the 'text animation' tab on the graphic styles menu, or a custom transition. Either way, I can make nasty flickery effects, but not keep the video at the back.

A text animation is an action added to a text, which allows to determine how, where, when and for how long that text appears on the slide. I have always managed to have text over other objects without issues, I have not yet checked with the last version, but I can only work on it during the weekend.

Thanks to all for the input.

The problem persists, but I'm guessing there's no solution. To sum up:

(1) embedding or linking produce different results: linking shows a placeholder during slide transition, embedding shows a frame of video.

(2) The playing video is always on top of anything else; the placeholder however does obey the on-top/to-back directives. This is independent of video hardware and driver AFAICS.

(3) The flickering I noted in passing is driver-related: using the nv driver, some slide transitions flicker; using nouveau they behave properly. (Same sort of thing seems to happen with kdenlive's playback FWIW)

I sorted the weekend's presentation issue using OBS Studio. This even allows a video to play continuously across scene transitions, which was perfect for the job in hand. And, looking to the future, it allows embedding of other applications' windows into the 'show', which offers a lot of flexibility.

Probably best to close this thread now; thanks again.

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England