On 5/20/21 10:32 AM, Mike Scott wrote:

Maybe. Thanks for the input.

I've now looked in content.xml. The difference between getting the video in by drag and drop, and via the Insert menu seems to be purely that D&D links, while insert (by default) embeds the video. All other parameters seem the same:

Yes, insert follows the standard behaviour vs the file format, and also makes the presentation interoperable. Drag and drop works, but is not as accurate as insert. I have never used drag and drop with Impress once I have realized the advantages of using insert.

If I do an insert, and ask for the video to be linked, I again get the poor fade-inĀ  behaviour - the dummy placeholder shows (behind the text) as the slide fades in and is replaced by the playing video (on top of the text) when fade-in is complete.

Doesn't seem affected by switching between nv and nouveau graphics drivers.

I've no idea yet where the z ordering is saved. In all cases the video plays in front of everything else. Might this be a video hardware limitation of some sort?

I will check. I can sed the video back, and have the text on top of it, maybe is just the configuration of the text animation (as the text to be on top of the video has to be managed with an animation).
--
Italo Vignoli - italo@vignoli.org
mobile/signal +39.348.5653829