On Thu, 11 Jun 2020 20:31:39 +0100
Brian Barker <b.m.barker@btinternet.com> dijo:

At 21:06 10/06/2020 -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
I have a graphic on a page in Writer. [...] I have aligned it left
and set contour to wrap right so that the text will flow down on the
right of the graphic. This works, but the text is smashed into the
side of the graphic.

If you go to the Wrap tab of the Image dialogue (Format | Image |
Properties | Wrap or right-click | Properties | Wrap), do you not see
Spacing? Increase Right to some suitable positive value.

Aha! A completely different way to solve the problem. The Edit Contour
option still does not work - can't select or do anything. But this
solution worked, and probably a lot easier than trying to edit the
contour. I had the Properties window open numerous times, but
completely missed the Wrap tab.

Thanks!

Also, in poking around I note that there is a new version of LO
available. I hate programs that come out with new versions every couple
of months. Instead of installing it I think I'm going to uninstall this
6.3.4.2 and install LO from the Ubuntu repositories. That won't get
updated so often.