On 3/2/2020 6:32 AM, Philip Jackson wrote:

I imagine the color palette situation on my Ubuntu box reflects the history of my LO installations from Ubuntu over the years. Although I am surprised that two palettes with the same name can exist in the drop down lists.

That was my surprise as well, which prompted my original post. I teach at a local college as well as my church and always use slide presentations for my classes. My Windows box is newer with a nice long battery life for teaching a class without having to plug things in. My Linux laptop is old and tired, so I tend to use the Windows machine more often. However, for a reason I haven't yet figured out, it doesn't work well with my church's Epson projector. The projector keeps resetting itself in the middle of a presentation, so, I still use my Linux computer to show my slide presentations at church.

What this means is that I create and edit my slides on my Windows computer and then transfer them over to the Linux computer for showing in church. Since I can never leave things alone, I am constantly doing final editing on the Linux computer, which is how I discovered the difference in color palettes. I use blue and red font coloring for highlighting and I was surprised to find out that "Blue" on my Windows LO installation is different than "Blue" on my Linux LO installation, and that the "standard" palette on Windows LO doesn't include "Blue 4," which is what I use on Linux LO. The result is that colored text on a slide created in Windows LO is a different shade than colored text on a slide edited in Linux LO.

I have to believe that, having different color resources on the different versions of LO would make life frustrating for people sharing documents between Windows and Linux computers.

Part of me was wondering if this is something dictated at the level of the operating system. However, because I'm constantly searching for different/better solutions, I also use LyX/LaTeX/Beamer and RMarkdown/Slidy to create slide presentations, and I haven't noticed any differences in colors between my Windows and Linux installations of those respective respective systems.

Virgil