I tried the slide transitions you mention (dissolve - both fine and
standard, and fade - with both offered variants) and I cannot see the
effect you are describing. If it can help, this is my running
environment:

Libre Office Version: 6.3.3.2, installed from the LO Web site - not the
distribution that the OS delivers via its repos.
Build ID: a64200df03143b798afd1ec74a12ab50359878ed
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (C); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

The OS (uname -a) is:
Linux 5.3.15-200.fc30.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Dec 5 15:18:00 UTC 2019 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Desktop is Gnome Version 3.32.2

The computer itself is a:

Hewlett-Packard HP ProDesk 600 G1 DM
CPU: Intel i5-4570T @ 2.90GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor
Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0412] (rev 06)
Viewsonic VA926 19-inch LCD monitor, 4:3 aspect ratio.

Based on that, it is probably not the 64-bit version that is causing
you issues.  I did notice that the "Cube" and "Helix" transitions, when
set to last for 2 seconds  are not smooth on my machine (but 1 second
is OK). Could it be that your slides contain a lot of information and
that your processor cannot keep up with the load? Do you have something
else running on the computer that is slowing it down? Did you try
changing the transition timings and see what it does?

Sorry I cannot provide more insight.

I hope this helps.

Rémy.