Johnny Rosenberg wrote
Den sön 24 feb. 2019 kl 05:30 skrev Owen-Kaelan <

owenkaelan@

>:

I disagree. I often like to view documents simultaneously and it would be
real pain to have to keep tabbing between them. So if suck a feature is
on
the cards i would very strongly suggest that it be made optional (as is
the
case e.g. with gimp).
Best
Gary

I guess I assumed the "optional" part would be employed necessarily. Yes,
optional. My point is, since I'm usually working with several chapters at
once (each in a separate document), being able to click a tab to switch
among them is more convenient than having to go to the menu and click to
open the other window (if it's not open, that is; I know that the
command-~
switches among them, but only when they're open). Also, having multiple
windows open at the same time is a little annoying.

Honestly, it's not a major issue, but I've always found the tabs to be
convenient.

But your operating system can do this for you, can't it? What's the
difference clicking a "tab" in the taskbar from clicking a tab within the
actual programme? If you have multiple virtual desktops (which modern
operating systems have had since the early 1990's if not before) it will
be
even easier.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

In fact, I ended up reverting to an earlier version for this reason, and
also because the new version keeps opening files in a small window by
default, whereas the old version learns the first time you open a
document,
and complies in the future.

    Owen.

--
Sent from:
http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

First, no, the newer instances of LibreOffice now block my OS's universal
tabbing.
Second, as I said, it's not crucial, but it's a matter of convenience. It
means I don't have to have 7-14 text windows open simultaneously, and have
to go to the menu bar to switch among them. In fact, this is the reason I
reloaded v.5.4.7.2, despite its bugs. What can I say? I like my tabs! :)

I've only posted this because I feel it would be a good [optional] feature
to implement in the future.

    Owen.

To unsubscribe e-mail to:

Problems?