Hi :)
Ahh, swriter.exe, of course.

It sounds like Write is a stand-alone program but LibreOffice/OpenOffice
are not built that way.  It is not like MS Office in that way.  It is much
more modular than that. LibreOffice and OpenOffice have a large core of
code with libraries and other packages each playing their crucial parts for
all of the front-ends.  Writer is more like 'just' a front-end and Calc is
another.  I think the devs call them modules.

Sometimes people want to strip right back to get rid of all the bits they
don't use, like they would with MS Office if they only wanted to use MS
Word but this is not possible with LibreOffice.  At best they can get rid
of the front-end type modules such as Base or Impress or something but even
then it might affect Writer in unexpected ways and it wouldn't free-up much
space either.

If you want something that can stand-alone and is as tiny and light as
possible then AbiWord is a good option.  It is another Open Source program
and is very compatible with LibreOffice as it's kinda a sister/brother
project.  When bundled with Gnumeric (a spreadsheet program), they are
sometimes called "Gnome Office".  Each being dedicated to just one task
means they are each very focused on just the thing that they do so
sometimes they out-perform programs that are designed to integrate well
with others.

There are a lot of other options out there depending on whether you want
more of a DeskTop Publishing tool (such as Scribus or LaTex) or more like a
word-processor.  There is one that gets rid of all the visible menus and
rulers and stuff so that you can just focus on writing, there are also
text-editors that make it easier to write various types of coding such as
html, css, python, C++ and whatnot by colour-coding and highlighting
errors.

Regards from
Tom :)