Hi :)
I'm not clear exactly what you are trying to do or what you want.

Any file that can be opened by LibreOffice should be able to open LO itself
when yo8u just double-click on the file.

If double-clicking a file opens a file in a program that you didn't want to
use this time then try right-clicking on the file and choose "Open with
..." from the "context menu" that should appear beside the mouse pointer.
That should list various relevant programs and also give an option to
choose your own program.

You can also drag files onto a LibreOffice icon - but if you drag one
letter, a book and a spreadsheet onto a Writer icon then you will get 2
instances of Writer and 1 instance of Calc.  It's difficult to force LO to
open a document in the wrong module/program for it's file-type.

If you are coding and want to call LO from some code then it's probably
best to call;
soffice.exe
i think?  In linux typing soffice without any file-extension on the end is
enough to open LibreOffice.  So i'd guess it's soffice.exe in Windoze.

LibreOffice can also be used in headless mode though so you might not need
to open LibreOffice onscreen at all.  It is useful for converting a folder
full of files from one file-type to another  - such as Rtf or DocX to Odf -
as an example.

Regards from
a Tom :)