I think this was asked years ago, but I came across needing this info now.

How to make specific fonts embedded into the .odt file that has been exported to a PDF file.

I have many fonts that are not common to others who I pass documents onto.

One font I use is "BlackChancery.ttf" - as seen in this logo image

http://aktionclub-elmira.org/logo--blue-color-700-wide.png

I use many script and handwriting styles of fonts, and other uncommonly installed fonts on Linux or Windows 10.  I am currently down to 288 fonts files in my font folder. Of course, many named fonts has 4 to 10 font files, one per font style [normal, italic, bold, wide, narrow, etc.]  Look up these fonts and tell me if you have one of these or like them - Andrade-Swash.otf, DelitschInitialen.ttf, Embossed_Black_Normal.ttf, GrecoFractonSSi.ttf - installed on your system.

To be honest, years a go, I had PDF files that did not embed the needed fonts - even just the characters used - for the newsletters and other multi page documents. At that point, I was pointed to an option to embed the needed fonts to the PDF file.

Two days ago, I was looking at both the Export to PDF and the CUPS-PDF driver and did not see any options to embed the whole font or just characters used. I could not find any for my Linux laptop.

So, how do you make sure Export to PDF will embed the needed fonts for all your specific fonts needs?  I do not want to uninstall the fonts buried and protected in some system folder, or use some package like Synaptic Package Manager. I cannot go to my systems and play a game with my installed fonts every time I need to use a new one.

This may be a simple answer, like it is no issue at all anymore, but I need to make sure.