Roy,

Thank you for your thoughts on menu-redesign.

My comment about not knowing why this particular change was needed was
not intended as a complaint, although I can see how it could have been
taken that way.

I am *extremely* grateful to the LO developers for their overall
consistency in user interface from one release to the next. I'm
especially grateful that they have never followed Microsoft's lead with
the ribbon, a total redesign that did nothing other than take up screen
real estate.

I can understand why some things may make more sense in a different
place on the menu. For example, "Insert > File..." may give the
impression that the only thing that can be inserted is an entire Impress
file rather than select slides from that file, or a user might think it
refers to files other than other Impress files. By moving the function
to "Slide > Insert Slides from File..." a user may more clearly
understand what the function provides.

I consider a change like this to be extremely minor, and once learned, I
will quickly forget that there used to be a different way.

And, given the open source nature of LO, it always seems that the help
files lag behind the improvements to the program itself.

Virgil