Hi.
I am not sure if this is related to the situation in writer where replacing an image by pasting a new image into the selected old image causes the new image to be distorted to the dimensions of the old image.

If so it is not difficult to resize and add white space to all images in a directory so they are all the same proportions. I.e. the portrait mode images are scaled to the height of the landscape images and padded to the width of the landscape images.

Steve