My beef with autosave is that it seems to start saving just as I start typing and it does not save my keystrokes while it is saving and I don't notice it is saving. I end up after the autosave, having to evaluate what keystrokes worked and what didn't, and redoing the keystrokes that got ignored. I still find the autosave benefits outweigh these aggravations, though, so I have it enabled all the time.

Girvin Herr