On 02/02/18 21:39, DaveB wrote:
Mark: You have almost nailed the solution. It's not the interface
language that has to be set, it is setting the global Locale to English
(UK) that allows the en_GB Help to work as expected. Thank you.

I had assumed, wrongly in part, that as libreoffice.org recognised my OS
and environment and offered me the appropriate help-pack that it would
take this into account when making the installation.

But it fails to set the Tools > Options > Language Settings > Languages
User interface to the value required.

The Locale setting was correct [UK] as was [mostly] the default document
language.

Mark was correct, in fact. It was sufficient to change the User
interface to UK to agree with the help pack and all worked ok.

I made a series of installs and removals (deleting the User AppData each
time) to confirm this.

I notice that the Office Suite contains English, French and Spanish
spell checking extensions as default. LO may have supposed my
requirement for English and French from my OS and environment but I
don't know where it got the idea to provide Spanish checker extensions
from. On one of my trial installations, it somehow got my default
document language as Spanish-Venezuela and every time I started a new
doc, the Default paragraph language was Spanish-Venezuelan.

Philip