I was looking at some old posts and came across this one - below.

There is a lot more info in that post, beyond the small quoted text - 4.2.5 listed as the current version - but is there any newer info about the information stated in that post?

Since it compared LibreOffice and Apache's OpenOffice.org, it would be nice to be able to give comparison info between these two free office suites.  Since my Nephew told me last week, that he told a coworker about OOo, thinking I was using it instead of LO and it was "better" than LO.  Since I have been using LO for about 7 years now [if I remember correctly], I do not know where he got the info I was no using LO.

So, if some people could read the old blog and get the updated figures, it would help.

I do like the second paragraph I quoted.  That is one of the things that I love about how well our developers we even back then.

"Off the Beat: Bruce Byfield's Blog"
Oct 25, 2014 GMT

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/Blogs/Off-the-Beat-Bruce-Byfield-s-Blog/LibreOffice-and-OpenOffice-comparing-the-community-health

quote:

      Not only does OpenOffice appear to have lost two-thirds of its
   coding contributors, but its current contributors are outnumbered
   nearly eight times by LibreOffice's. Since OpenOffice does not have
   any localization, art work, or usability accomplishments that exceed
   LibreOffice's, the situation can be presumed to be no better among
   non-coders.

     Yet for me, the most telling difference is in the lines of code.
   Both projects grew from OpenOffice.org (and zealots can be found to
   claim that both are the so-called true successor). But, despite this
   common source, LibreOffice is listed as having 7.2 million lines of
   code, while OpenOffice is listed as having 11.2 million lines. In
   other words, LibreOffice has not only managed to release a steady
   series of new releases, each with incremental changes in the
   features and the interface, but also to remove over 35% of the code
   while doing so. More than any other, the implications of this single
   statistic shows the relative health of LibreOffice and OpenOffice.

end-quote: