Hi :)
Yes, so maybe try;

sudo apt remove ttf-mscorefonts-installer
ttf-mscorefonts-installer

And then maybe clean out temp-files and what-not with;

sudo apt clean
sudo apt autoclean
sudo apt autoremove
sudo apt remove

Because of the way the linux command-line remembers previously issued
commands each command can be 'typed' faster by doing a keyboard up-arrow
and then edit the previous command.

In Ubuntu Ctrl and left-keyboard-arrow moves the cursor one word at a time
making it easy to insert or delete the "auto".

I'm fairly sure that at least one of those 4 commands is redundant when
using 2 of the others but I find it easier to just run all 4 just to make
sure.

There is also a "purge" tag but I'm not completely sure what it gets rid of
and I'm not sure if it should be used with a package-name after it or if
it's better used in a more general way.

This is all a very Windowsy way of doing things rather than a linuxy way
but old habits die hard.  I'd prolly reinstall the M$ fonts afterwards just
to complete the Windowsy way of doing things;

sudo apt install ttf-mscorefonts-installer

Just to make sure I see documents from microsquish users in the secretive
proprietary fonts they use rather than the Free and safe ones we use
natively.

Regards from
a Tom :)