Thanks for the suggestions.

I eventually discovered that the Gmail filter I had set up, (to add the
label 'LibreOffice'), had become corrupted and the label was blank.  Not
sure where the emails were going.  They didn't seem to be in Trash, but a
global search found them. Fixing the filter fixed the problem.

​Noel​
--
Marion & Noel Lodge
lodgemn@gmail.com