I was doing some testing with single characters, but then saw it was three
characters. Originally, just used the code of the character, changed code to
ascii, but with 3 multiple each value to get a number that matched.
In both put the row number in next column.

Put the match field in C15 both the formulas work, both formulas give the
row.

abc
                                                                   1
                                                            97098099
                                                                   1

aBc
                                                                   2
                                                            97066099
                                                                   2

aBC
                                                                   3
                                                            97066067
                                                                   3

Abc
                                                                   4
                                                            65098099
                                                                   4

AbC
                                                                   5
                                                            65098067
                                                                   5

Abc
                                                                   6
                                                            65098099
                                                                   6

Ab
                                                                   7
                                                            65098000
                                                                   7

aCb
                                                                   8
                                                            97067098
                                                                   8

AcB
                                                                   9
                                                            65099066
                                                                   9

aBC
                                                                  10
                                                            97066067
                                                                  10

AAC
                                                                  11
                                                            65065067
                                                                  11

ss
                                                                  12
                                                           115115000
                                                                  12

aBC

                                                            97066067

                                                                   3
“=VLOOKUP($C$15,C1:D12,2,0)

                                                                   3
“{=INDEX(B1:B12,MATCH(1,EXACT($C$15,A1:A12),0))}

Formula in C

“=CODE(MID(A15,1,1))*1000000+CODE(MID(A15,2,1))*1000+CODE(MID(A15,3,1))