Howdy Peter,

I'm only a user of the software. Anyone can request a change and it is
pretty easy to do.
Likely getting one of the developers to want to code it will be a bit more
of a trick, but there is a process and if no one ever enters a request it
certainly won't happen.

Just in case:
- the project uses a ticket system called Bugzilla to track defect reports
and enhancement requests found at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org
- you don't need to create an account in that system if all you want to do
is view what is in the works, but you will need to create one to open a new
request or report a bug.
- there is an explanation of the bug entry process here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/BugReport
--  for an enhancement the only difference is enter a severity level of
'enhancement'

Anyway, I haven't said boo here in a long while but recently have been
looking at the issue tracker and I noticed that there is some talk of
adding a 'search and replace' feature for Base which is what got me
thinking it might be a good moment. On the other hand there is a big push
to finish up the support for a different db engine so an RFE might get lost
in the noise of that..

But hey it sounds like a good idea and if you want to start the process
great, if not, I just might..

Best wishes,