On 11/21/2016 10:53 PM, Steve Edmonds wrote:
Hi. Since updating to LO 5.2.... the text of existing documents from I
think 5.0... flows further down the page by about 1 line/page. There
is no change to wrapping (the text is not longer) but the line spacing
is greater and the document layout is mucked up. Changing line spacing
in the default paragraph style to proportional (98%) resolves the issue.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed, would it be considered a bug or
is increased line spacing a readability feature.
Steve

Are all things equal, i.e., same fonts on the same system? Some fonts
have different default line spacing than others. For example, Palatino
Linotype's default "single" space line spacing is noticeably wider than
Georgia's. If you're using a document that was created in Windows on a
Linux system or vice-versa, the original fonts might be swapped out for
an equivalent on the second OS, which may have different line spacing.

I've not yet upgraded to 5.2, preferring to stay with the 5.1 family for
now, so I can't confirm your experience, but I'd first check with the
fonts. They all have different concepts of "single" or "double" spacing
built in.

Virgil