I've used quite a few Markdown editors. I know nothing about CentOS, so
I can't recommend anything for that OS. On Windows, I like WriteMonkey.
In Linux, the best I've seen is ReText, but last I checked, it's
developer was no longer supporting an Ubuntu PPA for the program making
installation less smooth on Ubuntu.

Since Markdown is a pure text file with formatting marks inserted, you
could easily edit such a file with LO. It sounds like what you're asking
is a way to convert the Markdown file to a LO format. I'm not sure of a
direct way of doing that. You might try Pandoc, an online file converter.

My greatest frustration with Markdown, aside from its many different
flavors, is that there doesn't seem to be a complete Markdown solution
anywhere. At best, there are add-on tools to some existing products
(like your Geany), but I've not found anything (at least in the
free-software realm) that actually includes everything you need.

I've found myself using LaTeX to create HTML files. It's htlatex
converter does a nice job and creates an easily editable .CSS file. And,
after nearly 40 years of development, it's really complete.

Virgil