I apologize for not having seen this thread sooner. Here is a document
which explains why you see what you do, and how to work with it rather
than against it. The concepts are really quite simple, but not
intuitive:
http://dotancohen.com/howto/rtl_right_to_left.html

You are invited to contact me at any time with questions.

Some examples of proper mixed Hebrew and English:

Hello, יהונתן, how are you?‎
‫שלום, Jonathan, מה שלומך?

English at the beginning, עברית בסוף.‎
‫עברית בהתחלה, English at the end.

Because plain-text email does not even have a concept of alignment,
the alignment of the Hebrew sentences depends on your renderer (email
client or web browser). Most likely, they will all be left-aligned.
Note however that alignment and directionality are different concepts.
In all cases, the punctuation should be at the proper end of the
sentence. In order to have Hebrew texts right-aligned in email, I
would have to have sent an HTML email. In LibreOffice you shouldn't
have such an issue. LibreOffice, unlike email, has a concept of
alignment.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:43 PM, Jonathan Allen