On 10/24/2016 10:06 PM, Cley Faye wrote:

​I can confirm that I have installed LibreOffice (5.2.3.1) on several
machines running Windows 10 version 1607 (aka the «Anniversary Update»)
with Windows Defender activated​ (
​in addition to having the suite installed on several machines running
Linux Mint 18) ; on n​one of them have I hitherto encountered any problems
of the type described by the OP....

Due to the nature of these antivirus, it is very possible that both of
these happened in quick sequence:
- an update to their virus tables/heuristics/whatever got pushed, and
caused LibreOffice to be detected as a malware
- a later update was quickly pushed to fix that

People having the first updates without the second one will have issue,
while people not having the first update, or directly getting the second
one, will not have any problem. These kind of false positive are somewhat
common with antivirus, and usually gets fixed quickly.
For some reason, it seems that MS states that the "anniversary" update is officially out in November. They "say" that for those who installed Win10 last year, the update files/packages will be doled out over a few months of Tuesday releases for update/fixes and not as one package on a single date.

There's also the remote possibility that a malware carrier actually
targeted libreoffice binary and caused a bunch of people to actually be
infected; but since most report of trouble are about a ransomware, and that
none of the complaints resulted in unusable files, it's unlikely :)

I wonder if you have tried scanning the install files via Comodo's anti-virus for Linux? If, for whatever reason, the downloaded file[s] does not pass Comodo Internet Suite [free for Windows and Linux] then something messed up somewhere. On Windows, I use a standalone malware package and not have Defender activated. I do not like to use a MS created protection system, for some personal reasons.

I know that it seems to be a bug in MS's Defender, but some people may think MS included LibreOffice in their "black list" for the malware database. I know some people there would have tried to add competition packages into that database to show that LibreOffice has included malware or virus, etc., and not to be trusted as a package or trusted organization. [did I say it right?]