On 10/17/2016 10:48 AM, Ken Springer <snowshed1@q.com> wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, anne-ology, I haven't been able to get back to
this.

This is an internal use document only, so once it is finished, there
will be no need to change the document, unless some needed modification
is discovered later.

The fill in fields will be populated with information that changes with
each ticket in our work order system.  I'm trying to prevent the form
from becoming mangled unintentionally.

So what I need, as I said in the original post, is a document that will
be "locked", but you can still complete the fields.  When that is
accomplished, the file will be marked read only so when it's saved with
new information, a new filename will be required.

I always use PDF fillable forms for this kind of thing...