       Hopefully, someone(s) will respond who will be able to help -

          & I hope the response will be on-list, because I'd be interested
in hearing the outcome,

From: Ken Springer <snowshed1@q.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Re: Document protection
To: users@global.libreoffice.org

Sorry for the late reply, anne-ology, I haven't been able to get back to
this.

This is an internal use document only, so once it is finished, there will
be no need to change the document, unless some needed modification is
discovered later.

The fill in fields will be populated with information that changes with
each ticket in our work order system.  I'm trying to prevent the form from
becoming mangled unintentionally.

So what I need, as I said in the original post, is a document that will be
"locked", but you can still complete the fields.  When that is
accomplished, the file will be marked read only so when it's saved with new
information, a new filename will be required.