I've just migrated the desktop from 14.04 to 16.04 and so my working
LibreOffice environment has changed overnight from 4.2.8.2  to 5.1.4.2

First impressions are very positive and I've imported all my templates
into Writer and things seem to work fine.

Where I do have a problem is with a couple of extensions for Writer.
When I reloaded my extensions I found several of them were flagged up by
the LO website as 'not having been updated for over a year and maybe no
longer supported'. That was disappointing but I loaded the French
dictionaries anyway and they seem to be ok.

The 2 extensions that cause me a problem are :

Writer2xhtml - which I found very useful for exporting into ePUB format.
It has lots of adjustments that you can make. Not updated beyond LO 4
series.

Language tool - also not updated beyond LO 4 series. I am not so
bothered by this one.

I installed both these two anyway to see what would happen.  Neither can
be 'enabled' in the Extension Manager Tool and the error I get with both
of them is the same :

      "Could not create Java implementation loader"

This makes me wonder if the problem is within my new UbuntuStudio 16.04
support for Java rather than a problem with the extensions not having
been updated ?

Does anyone out there on this list have any ideas that could help ?

Thank you.

Philip