Hi Philipp,

I don't know, how embedding and headless work, but I can tell you, how to get two running processes in normal cases on Windows:

When a soffice.bin process is started it writes the ~.lock file in the folder which contains the 'user' folder, which contains all the personal LibreOffice settings. The place of the 'user' folder is given in the line "User Installation" in the file bootstrap.ini in the 'program' folder, e.g. "UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/LibreOffice/4". If soffice.exe is started a second time and finds the ~.lock file, it uses the already running process.

If I want two processes, I uses these tweaks:
A) I have two different program-folders and change their bootstrap.ini, so that it points to different UserInstallation paths. For all my testing, I set "UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/..". That generates the 'user' folder into the same place as the program folder. That way I test daily builds. B) I have different users. You can call soffice.exe with parameter -env. I use e.g. "C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 4\program\soffice.exe" -env:UserInstallation=file:///f:/SoftwareLO/user_DE I use that method, if I test different UI languages for one installed LibreOffice.

Perhaps something similar is also possible for embedding and headless, but I don't know.

You might use the developer chat at irc://chat.freenode.net/libreoffice-dev to get competent answers.

Kind regards
Regina

Schäfer, Philipp schrieb:
Hi,

we are embedding LibreOffice into an Application using UNO. In order to do that, we start
LibreOffice in headless mode. However, this results in a user not being able to use LibreOffice
outside of our application. If he tries to open a document, nothing visible happens, because the
headless process is handling it. Trying to start LibreOffice directly also has no visible effect,
because the new process immediately exits, as it finds the already running process.

Is there a way, in which we can start our headless process, so that user-started LibreOffice
process do not recognize it? It would be no problem, if a solution required two separate
installations.

Cheers,

Philipp