Hi :)
Yahoo went through a lot of turmoil a few years ago and became such a pain
that i migrated away from it over quite a short time-frame.

I found my 'new' email provider could easily 'forwards' new emails sent to
my Yahoo account on to my GMail account.  Plus the GMail account could
change the "Sent from" box to make it look like i was still writing from my
Yahoo account - useful for the first stage of migration where i only wanted
to just dip my toe in and give it a little go.

I did make a mistake, as i knew i would.  I got Gmail to scoop in all my
ancient emails.  It couldn't do it all in one go but over the course of a
few days it went further and further back, and filled in some gaps that had
kinda freaked me out.  I was really chuffed when my old emails were finally
'safe' (er&ish) but then i realised that all the neatly sorted ones from
all the different folders in Yahoo had all arrived in the one main inbox,
despite me having copied all the folder names into GMail's labels system.
Now that i've gotten used to them the labels/tags are a much better
approach than folders but it took quite a bit of getting used to.

I'm trying to help a friend migrate to a new system but i'm taking it
uber-slowly this time.  I'm going to try injecting a different code into
the subject-line (or something like that hopefully) for each different
folder so that it's easier to filter once they've all been 'forwarded'.
Sadly he's not going to/from Yahoo or GMail so it means playing around with
two unfamiliar systems before doing anything to his.

I think pretty much any email 'client' is better than Yahoo.  They used to
be great, at least imo, a few decades ago but now there seem to be several
such services all competing for last place.

Also a close friend of mine started having a really tough time so i got
more and more side-tracked helping her and my job fell through which was a
bit painful.  In the course of helping my friend i got into going out for
long walks and got a Raspberry Pi which is endlessly intriguing, and a
tablet so i've been trying to "get up to speed" with Android systems too.
All good fun and/or very rewarding :)))  Quite a turn-around for me!  :))

LibreOffice seems to be doing extremely well still.  There are many ways of
getting help now and it even seems to be gaining some recognition in very
mainstream places.  For a long time this mailing list was the main place,
even the only place, to get much help but now there are tons of places -
and that is great :))

Congrats and many thanks to everyone who has been here over the years!  I
hope we continue to have fun and help a lot of people here in the future
too :))
Many regards from
Tom :)