03.07.2016 u 15:05, Piet van Oostrum je napisao/la:
Piet van Oostrum wrote:

  > Kruno wrote:
  >
  >  > I find inserting horizontal line quite odd and I avoid it...
  >  >
  >  > So you write a paragraph and then go Insert → Horizontal rule and your
  >  > paragraph font size shrinks to 6 pt. Why?
  >  >
  > Maybe the format for the Horizontal Style has a font size of 6pt in your settings.
  >
  >  > If there is necessity for linking bottom border to a paragraph with
  >  > small font size or such, why doesn't 'Insert → Horizontal rule' inserts
  >  > new (empty) paragraph instead? Why change format of a paragraph which is
  >  > not intended to bi changed with action which is not intended for
  >  > changing content's formatting?
  >
  > I would also have expected Insert Horizontal Line to start a new paragraph. Instead it changes
the current paragraph to paragraph style Horizontal Line. Not nice.

Insert a horizontal line should definitely NOT mean: change the whole paragraph layout, including
fonts, line spacing, indentation, font color, background color, etc.
Suppose you have your carefully defined paragraph style, now you want to insert a horizontal line
below the text, not as part of the text. Now the whole paragraph style changes to the predefined
Horizontal Line style. That's not what I mean with Insert horizontal line. So it should either
insert a new paragraph with only a horizontal line, or it should add a horizontal line to the
current paragraph by changing its bottom border attribute only. The latter option robs you of the
possibility of styling the line in advance.

At first, I was against that empty paragraph. Now I think it's better solution then just changing border attribute (for reason you mentioned at the very end).

I guess the cache is that 'Horizontal rule' style is within the same category as any other paragraph style so LO can't make difference weather you wanted to apply style 'Horizontal rule' to selected text or you just wanted to insert a horizontal rule in a new paragraph below selected one.

It doesn't work how we conceptualize it, but then again - it working as designed (it's not broken or a bug).

I guess it's just the way it is...

Kruno