Hi. I've been trying to find a way to disable (as in one definite action, not a repetitive action performed everytime its' needed) calc from turning things like 2/2/2 into 02/02/02.

After searching I can see some answers but these are about older versions of Lbreoffice, and I can also see some not so outdated links that show there's a lot of disagreement between the developers/advanced users and the regular/non-technical users. I don't want to recreate the debate. I just want to know if things are still the same as of Libreoffice 5 or if there are new possibilities now.

List of things I've found and tested so far without satisfaction:

Use apostrophe before data: '2/2/2
works but has to be done per each cell so doesn't really count as disabling like I said above

Format cells as "text"
works but you have to do it before entering the data, or else you'll lose the data, which after you apply the text format to the cell, will be converted to another inexplicable number. Example: I type 2/2/2, it gets converted to 02/02/02, then I change the cell's format to Text and then I see the number 37289?... Additionally, sometimes you're entering data on the fly, or making a sketch, and you don't really have defined where text only data will go, etc

Disable Tools > Autoinput
    doesn't help with this

Uncheck everything in autocorrect options
    doesn't help either

Clear "Date acceptance patterns" box in Language settings > Languages
    does not help and it goes back to what it was

So are there any methods missing in my list?
Again, I don't really want to start a debate. I just want to know if things are the same or if they have changed.

Thanks