Hi Christopher:

        I'm not an expertise on this kind of problem but at first, usually, is
necesary that you share this:

1) LibreOffice version on GNU / Linux
2) LibreOffice version on windows
3) Your GNU / Linux S.O.
4) Your windows S.O.

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez

El mar, 07-06-2016 a las 10:11 -0800, Christopher Howard escribió:
Hi, I want to create a small embedded Base db for 3 or 4 users. It is a
mix of Gnu/Linux and Windows desktops. I can create a Base db just fine
on my person Debian laptop, but if I try to create it on our Windows
share, or copy it there and then use it, I get an error that Base cannot
communicate with the database. I can read/write to the share fine with a
file manager or text editor... so I am thinking this has something to do
with the nuances of NTFS, or file locks, or something like that. Does
anyone have any insight on that, and related work arounds?

--
Christopher Howard, Computer Assistant
Alaska Satellite Internet

--