I strongly disagreed with this decision but it was made by UX and was on
purpose. I agree, the dimmed state was much easier to notice and the
fact that you can now save even when there has been zero change is
irritating to say the least.

But, the doers decide, and they decided this one ;)

Warm Regards,
Joel