Hi Charles and all:

        Until I know, LO for Android is in progress but at this moment as a
viewer only and Alpha or begining Beta version (not stable) for LO as we
use in GNU / Linux and windows.

        There is an other version that could help you and your friend: This is
Aoo (Android OpenOffice). It is a version of OpenOffice for Android.
I've used it and it works good (In general as I probed: Writer, and
Calc). It is the nearest of LO at this moment that I know.

        As I read, Aoo is based on OpenOffice but is not part of Apache
Fundation.

        I suggest to your friend that use keyboard and mouse with your tablet
too.

Regards,

Jorge Rodríguez