On Friday, March 25, 2016 11:53:49 AM CVAlkan wrote:

As the author stated, if anyone has a good generic solution, I'd love to
hear it. I do believe, however, that if the original document is designed
reasonably well, and the pdf is produced with tablet reading in mind, it
remains the best choice for documents where illustrations are required.

Another point that is probably obvious to you, but may not be to some list
readers is that when anyone dealing with multiple formats of a long or highly
designed document wants to maintain as few formats as possible. At 90,000
words, reformatting a book separately several times can be prohibitively time-
consuming.

That's time that might be better spent on correcting typos and revisions on
fewer formats.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7189 (on Pacific time)
Writer of "Designing with LibreOffice"