Hi Alex

On 03/10/2016 01:11 PM, Alex Thurgood wrote:
Why not separate out your forms from the ODB file if you are concerned
about the stability of the ODB file itself ? It is perfectly possible,
you can still link to a mysql db and you won't have the issues of
screwing up your ODB just because the power goes off, or your network
goes down, or some other life-event that seems to befall computer users
on a daily basis.

I wrote to you directly but it seems you don't like direct contact this way - sorry about that.

I have sort off given-up on trying to find an alternative to Base. Kexi is too "young" and still has many problems, Glom is not available on my OpSys, (and seems very difficult to get working on Linux in any case), there seems to be no GUI Front-end to MySQL that does what I need so I'm now looking at your idea as mentioned above.

However I need some help with this please. I've looked inside an ODB file and it seems very complicated so wonder if you can assist with details of which files to save and move to preserve my Forms, (and Queries??).

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with this - thanks

IanW
Pretoria RSA