This worked for a lot of the issues.

When I took the TXT file and convert it to EPUB file.

I still have some more issues, but it is better than it originally was.

On 03/15/2016 04:24 PM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi,

if this is about removing all empty paragraphs, there is a special feature for it besides Search and Replace.

Goto Tools > AutoCorrect > AutoCorrect Options. On tab 'Options' remove all checks in column [M], but check 'Remove blank paragraphs'. Go back to the text and select the whole area where you want to remove empty paragraphs. Goto Tools > AutoCorrect > Apply. That`s all :)

Kind regards
Regina

Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster schrieb:

I have a problem with a old book text file.  There are 3 or more lines
between paragraphs.  I want to reduce them down to only one.

When I turned the option to view non-printed characters, I get the
"PI-ish" looking symbol - ΒΆ - that is at the end of every paragraph.
Each extra line has that symbol as its first character.  The character
listed in the last line of this text looks like the non-printing
character, but must be different from it, since it gives a "no match
found" error when using it.

So, is there a way to use that end of paragraph symbol/character to look
for three in a row and replace it with only two?  Since some of the
paragraphs have more than 3 extra lines between paragraphs, I could run
that find/replace several times.  All I want to show is the symbol at
the end of the paragraph and the one between paragraphs.  Since there
are at least 300 pages to the book - in text format - it would not be
practicable to do this manually.

Actually, I am trying to fix a bad .epub book.  I found that if I
convert it to a text file and the convert it back to an e-book format,
most of the formatting issues go away when viewing it with my tablet's
.epub readers [Nook and Pocketbook].

So has anyone tried to do something like this, removing blank
paragraphs, i.e. blank lines between paragraphs, as an automatic
find/replace option?