After some investigating, I realised that the auto-correction is set up to
change -->, i.e. 2 dashes followed by the greater than sign, to the right
arrow.  As far as I can tell there is no item set up for ->.  Using the
correct combination, i.e. -->, does not cause the problem described by the
OP.

Graham

On 4 March 2016 at 21:38, Piet van Oostrum <piet-l@pietvanoostrum.com>
wrote:

Carlo Strata wrote:

 > Hi Everyone,
 >
 > I get a strange behaviour with the new 5.1.1.3 LibreOffice Win_x64 on
 > Microsoft Windows 10, x64, daily updated build 1511, ita gui.
 >
 > I get it with this little sequence:
 > - copy this raw in a new Writer document:
 >    conoscenza dei processi -> semplificazione -> riduzione dei costi;
 > - move the cursor in front of the first "->" (like this "->|", if "|" is
 > the cursor);
 > - press space key on the keyboard;
 > - you will get (I get):
 >    conoscenza dei processi -> semplificazione -> semplificazione ->
 > riduzione dei costi;
 >    with the first two arrows correctly auto-corrected with the right
 > arrow character (but with a duplicate string: twice " ->
semplificazione");
 > - if you repeat the behaviour with the third fake arrow ("->") you will
get:
 >    conoscenza dei processi -> semplificazione -> semplificazione ->
 > semplificazione -> riduzione dei costi;
 >    with all four arrows correctly auto-corrected with the right arrow
 > character (but with a triplicate string: three times " ->
semplificazione").

 > Am I the only one?

LO 5.1.1.1 on Mac OS X 10.10.5 the same.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/

deleted