    THX Brian,
      can you give me any advice which WIN7/LO settings/parameters I
      have to change+see below
      Regards,
      mars

      On 21.02.2016 21:41, Brian Barker [via Document Foundation Mail
      Archive] wrote:

     At 16:38 20/02/2016 -0700, Mars Noname wrote:

      >In Calc the background color feature of cells is not working.

      Er, in exactly what way?

      >Who can give me any advice in which LO version the background

      >formatting is working properly.

      It's probably worth realising that if the whole idea of cell
      background colouring had failed, someone would have noticed. So,
      whatever problem you are finding, it is unlikely to be solved
      simply
      by using another version of the application itself.

    I agree that it is probably a Win7/Java/LO-configuration problem
    rather than a LO bug.

      At 12:41 21/02/2016 -0700, 1124mars wrote:

      >therefore I do not understand why this basic feature is not
      working.

      It very probably is.

      >Do I have to select some specific options?

      I think you may have to *deselect* them.

      >select a cell or row/column

      >Format cells

      >Background

      >select a color + ok

      >the selected cell/row/column remain white=without the selected
      color

      >File/browser preview -> in the browser preview the selected
      color is visible!

      This is an important clue, of course - so I wonder why you kept it
      secret in your original query.

      >But why not on my screen?

      I'm guessing here, and I don't have the set-up to test my
      suggestions. Operating systems can have a "high contrast" setting;

      your Windows does, and you can find it in Control Panel. The idea
      of
      these is that you can modify the appearance of your work *on your

      display* to make it easier to work, whilst preserving the final
      appearance of your document when it is printed or whatever. This
      is
      not so different from the row number, column letters, and indeed
      the
      grid - all of which appear in the screen display but not (at least
      by
      default) in the real document. As you say, these screen
      readability
      changes do not show up in Page Preview - which instead
      demonstrates
      the true appearance of your document.

      The exact screen appearance as you work depends on a combination
      of
      the high-contrast settings in Windows and your choices in
      LibreOffice
      at Tools | Options... | LibreOffice | Accessibility. You may want
      experiment with these to see what you prefer.

    Can you give me any advice which WIN7/LO settings/parameters I have
    to change

      Alternatively, since you now admit that your actual document
      behaves
      as you want, you may choose to do nothing.

      I trust this helps.

      Brian Barker

      All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
      cannot be deleted

        If you reply to this email, your
          message will be added to the discussion below:

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Calc-background-color-in-cells-invisible-tp4176124p4176197.html

        To unsubscribe from Calc: background color in cells invisible, click
          here .
        NAML