Date: prev next · Thread: first prev next last
2016 Archives by date, by thread · List index

Hi all, hope you are doing well!

Maybe someone is willing to help me with an issue I am having.

I have this (pretty extensive) LO Writer document. It is ~471 pages and
it contains many tables, pictures, cross references, calculations and
custom document properties. The file size is about 28MB. Allthough it
was slow, editing the document with LO up to 5.0.4 (on both Arch Linux
and Windows) was OK.

Today I got updated to LO through the Arch Linux repositories
and now, i run into the following issue:

 * The document opens in about 1 minute (which is acceptable, considering the size and complexity 
of the document)
 * Initially LO says it is about 1644 pages (though it should be about 471)
 * For a few seconds LO Writer seems to be responsive
 * Then LO becomes unresponsive (soffice.bin pushing one CPU core to 100%)
 * After more than an hour, LO becomes responsive again and the amount of pages is a nice 471 again 
(which is correct)
 * I am then able to edit the document

Technical Info:
 * Document size: 27MB
 * Document type: ODT
 * Document editing history: Built in LO 4.x, only edited with LO versions up to the latest
 * LO Version (experiencing the problem):
 * OS: Arch Linux, 64-bit (latest updates)
 * System hardare: Dell XPS15 (9530) laptop with Intel Core i7 CPU and 16GB RAM

Things I've already tried:
 * Delete LO configuration (~/.config/libreoffice) -> issue persists
 * Save the document with LO5.1 -> Resulting file is only ~22MB (as opposed to the original: 28MB) 
-> same issue as with the original file
 * Disable the use of Java (was enabled by default) -> issue persists
 * Open the file in LO (upgrade from 5.0.4)  inside a Windows 10 (64-bit) VM -> issue 
does not occur
 * Uninstall & Reïnstall of LibreOffice -> issue persists
 * Reboot my laptop -> issue persists
 * Tried another (smaller) document -> No issue
 * Had a friend test it on his Debian machine, running LO 5.1 -> has the same issue

So it looks like this issue only occurs with large documents (or just
this one?) on Linux versions of LibreOffice 5.1.

Is anybody able and willing to help me on this?
Due to the size of the file and intellectual property reasons, I did
not add (a link to) the file. I can make the file available upon
request, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!





To unsubscribe e-mail to:
Posting guidelines + more:
List archive:
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted


Privacy Policy | Impressum (Legal Info) | Copyright information: Unless otherwise specified, all text and images on this website are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 License. This does not include the source code of LibreOffice, which is licensed under the Mozilla Public License (MPLv2). "LibreOffice" and "The Document Foundation" are registered trademarks of their corresponding registered owners or are in actual use as trademarks in one or more countries. Their respective logos and icons are also subject to international copyright laws. Use thereof is explained in our trademark policy.