A long set of macros to open & close forms.

To open a form when the database starts
select "Tools > Customize > Events > Open Document.
Click Assign: Macro and assign the DBOpen macro.

HERE ARE THE MACROS.
As I can't send attachments you will have to copy and paste these into your Macro Library

'****** LOAD LIBRARY ******
'Loads all the tools libraries and opens the connection
Sub DBOpen(Optional poEvent As Object)
dim mydbdoc,CurrentDb,mymsg,metb
On Local Error GoTo Error_Sub
        mydbdoc = ""
        metb = ""
        ' load the access library containing the functions similar to MS Access
        If GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.hasByName("Access2Base") then
         If NOT GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.isLibraryLoaded("Access2Base") Then
                GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.LoadLibrary("Access2Base")
                mymsg = "Access loaded"
         End if
        End if
        REM Use some methods from the Tools library.
  If NOT GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.isLibraryLoaded("Tools") Then
    GlobalScope.BasicLibraries.LoadLibrary("Tools")
    mymsg = mymsg & " Tools loaded"
  End If
  'loaded the Standard library which applies to this database
  If NOT GlobalScope.DialogLibraries.isLibraryLoaded("Standard") Then
                GlobalScope.DialogLibraries.LoadLibrary( "Standard" )
                mymsg = mymsg & " Standard dialog loaded"
  end if

        mydbdoc = ThisDatabaseDocument
   ' msgbox "The following was loaded " & mymsg ,6 , "Loaded"
        Call OpenConnection(ThisDatabaseDocument)
        call openThisForm
 Exit_Sub:
                Exit Sub
 Error_Sub:
                TraceError("ERROR", Err, "Opening database at DBopen", Erl)
                GoTo Exit_Sub
End Sub

'********** Use this for opening a data form ***********
'we use this to open the main menu when the document first opens
Sub openThisForm(optional openname as variant,optional closefrmname as variant)
        dim sfrmName,openit
 ' This is the variable for the form that must be opened at the start of program
 'the normal form to open is the "noticefrm", but for data entry on household surey
 'we use the demo_menu form. Data entry is restricted this way.
 if IsMissing(openname) then
         sfrmName =  "noticefrm" ' "planningf/demo_menu" '
 else
        sfrmName = openname
 end if
        'Closefrmname is the form with the calling btn on it or one that was sent from a script
 if IsMissing(closefrmname) then
        closefrmname = "noticefrm"
 end if
         call thesearetheforms(closefrmname,sfrmName)
end sub

'**** Use this to open any form from another form ********
'Open a form that may be in a folder. The folders are defined by / i.e plan/planmenu
Sub openHierachForm(optional openname as variant,optional closefrmname as variant)

        dim sfrmName as string
        dim sfrmtoclosename as string
        dim openit, otestform
        'dim canIopenthis as boolean ' These are used to check tha the user is
        'canIopenthis = false "allowed to open & view this form
 ' openname is the variable for the new form that must be opened
 if IsMissing(openname) then
         sfrmName = "noticefrm"
 else
 'the source is the button that was clicked. The button may have a tag in the Additional
Information field
 'This tag defines who is allowed to open the form. If there is no tag then anyone can open the
form.
        otestform = openname.source.model
        'check to see if the user has permission to open the openname form
        'canIopenthis =  checkstaffnames(otestform)
        'if canIopenthis = false then
        '       msgbox ("Sorry you are not authorised to view this form",6,"Not authorised")
        '       exit sub
        ' end if
        sfrmName = openname.source.model.name
 end if
 'the form we were on when we clicked the "open form" button
 if IsMissing(closefrmname) then
        sfrmtoclosename = openname.source.model.parent.name
 else
        sfrmtoclosename = closefrmname
 end if
        call thesearetheforms(sfrmtoclosename,sfrmName)
end sub
'Changed 9 Sept 2015. The names of the forms to open and close
SUB thesearetheforms(sfrmtoclosename,sfrmName)
'open the new form before closing the original. Prevents "flash" of desktop.
 if thisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.hasByHierarchicalName(sfrmName) then
        thisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByHierarchicalName(sfrmName).open
  else
        msgbox "Sorry I can't find the form " & sfrmName & chr(10) & "Please check the
name!",6,"Form not found"
end if
if sfrmtoclosename <> sfrmName then
        if thisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.hasByHierarchicalName(sfrmtoclosename) then
                thisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByHierarchicalName(sfrmtoclosename).close
        elseif ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.hasbyname(sfrmtoclosename) then
                ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getbyname(sfrmtoclosename).close
        else
                msgbox "sorry I can not close the form " & sfrmtoclosename,0,"Not closed form"
        end if
end if 'open & close forms have same name
end sub

Tony Bray
tonybsa@mac.me
MacBook Pro 15 inch Mid 2009