Thank you for using your time on this.
And thanks to Dave.

Kolbjørn

Den 04.12.2015 01:58, anne-ology skreiv:
        looks interesting; I'd be glad to help -
           below I've copied your front page - in [ ] you'll find my
suggested changes.

        I have found some wordings which I don't understand, so have placed
?s by them ...
           as in this e-message "the perfect is the goods worst enemy I am
told";
          haven't a clue as to what you might be referring  ;-)

Programming with LibreLogo

*Libre Logo is a dialect of the programming language Logo, which was
developed both acting as a tool for introduction to programming and for
better understanding of mathematics.  Basically a mechanical 'turtle' was
programmed from a computer.  In later editions the mechanical **'turtle'
was replaced by a turtle like symbol and the language became expanded.
Also LibreLogo can do more than moving the turtle, but since it probably is
the turtle graphics that will be used by most people, I have placed the
most emphasis on that part.*

    [assumption: this is a program to write various computer program - if
so, then stated well]

    [point of grammar: double quotes are for quoting, single quotes are for
emphasis thus the change above]

This introduction was based on the version of LibreLogo as used in
LibreOffice from version 4.2 on but slightly modified for version 5.0 if
necessary.

    [are you saying you used LO to write this program?; are you saying you
changed to a newer LO version to continue writing this program? - if so,
then you can give credit to LO in the bibliography - if you're attempting
to say something else, then ?what??]

What differs Logo from other programming languages is the turtle.  Getting
the turtle to draw more or less complex shapes on the screen set the usual
requirements for the programmer to be precise both in writing, logic and
mathematics.  Since the results of the programming becomes visible in an
understandable manner as soon as the program is executed, this also
motivates in the art of programming. If the wanted triangle becomes
anything else than a triangle, it is up to the programmer to figure out
what is wrong in the program. Did you wonder why Logo sometimes is called
'Turtle graphics'?

    [use - What makes Logo different ...

       possibly use - this motivates the user to further program or this
motivates the user to program or ?whatever you might mean??]

Logo is also used with good results in teaching mathematics.  The big
problem is that teachers in the discipline has too little knowledge of
Logo.  As far as I know, there is not any systematic research on the use of
Logo in the classroom.  When I tried it, around 1980, the result was very
good.  The only problem was that the computers was placed in a separate
computer lab, not in the classroom.

    [Logo is also usable, and with good results, in teaching mathematics.
But teachers have little knowledge of Logo.  There doesn't seem to be any
research on the use of Logo within the classroom.  Around 1980, I attempted
to use it with good results although the computers were not in the actual
classrooms.]
Using this site

The menu on the left side contains headings for the various pages.  If you
start at top and work your way down, you get in the first pages a step by
step introduction to programming with LibreLogo from the command line.

    [Starting at the top, reading down, is a step-by-step introduction to
programming with LibreLogo.]
Notation and command names

Like all other programming languages, LibreLogo has rules for writing
commands.  This is explained together with the explanation of each
command.  LibreLogo has in some cases more than one name for the same
command.  On these pages I mostly uses just one name for not to confuse the
reader.  You will find a complete list of all names in "Commands" in the
menu.  You will also find a command overview in the Help section for
LibreLogo.

    [As with all programming ...

       possibly delete 2nd sentence - ?what are you attempting to say?? ...

          LibreLogo has, in some cases, ...

             ; on these pages, I use only one name so not to confuse the
reader. ...

                (a complete list of all names is in 'Commands' in the menu)

                   There is a Command overview in the Help section for
LibreLogo.]

Some commands are defined or explained in many locations.  This to avoid
the user jumping back and forth between pages.  In the list of commands,
you can click on most command names to jump to a page where the command is
described in detail.

    [?what's reason for 1st & 2nd sentence?? ...

       In the lists of commands, each command is clickable, opening to where
that command is explained.]
Why this site?

When I discovered LibreLogo, I maybe get a little nostalgic.  I had not
used Logo since about 1980, and discovered I had to brush up my mind a
bit.  There was little to find about programming in LibreLogo, so I started
writing this simple introduction.  Logo is in fact fun.

    [maybe I become a bit nostalgic. ...

       around 1980, and realized I needed to brush up.]