       Maybe someone(s) will respond anon.

From: Wiebe van der Worp <w@vanderworp.org>
Date: Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 6:36 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Empty spaces in master documents...
To: anne-ology <laginnis@gmail.com>
Cc: users@global.libreoffice.org

On 29-10-15 18:18, anne-ology wrote:

        So sorry no one responded;
           but maybe no one knew what you were asking -
          I for one am not sure what you're asking, but will make an
attempt
to answer,
        what are these blanks you're seeing? - could these have been placed
there by the author for a set purpose?,

Nope, no page breaks and empty paragraphs, the blanks are inserted by LO
and disappear after the master document is forced to recalculate the layout
of the pages. On http://media.vanderworp.org/.dot/.lo/1_lo_after_open.png:
r2c2, r4c4 show these white spaces for example.