Hi :)
As you've probably noticed this mailing list often pulls in at least 2,
often surprisingly opposite directions.

*  Technical Support
*  User Support

Often those who do an excellent job near the extremes of one find
themselves infuriated by those who work near the extreme of the other.

I tend to aim at "User Support" but i am painfully aware that i often fail
at this.  I aim to stand-up for individuals, especially new ones because
they often bring in new ways that might well succeed where current or old
strategies may have failed at some old problems.  Again i'm aware that i
often fail at this and that it's often even back-fired somewhat painfully.

So i like the community here on this list and i like it that this mailing
list's unique community sometimes has a different viewpoint than the other
mailing lists.  I've also been very impressed by people who came in here
thinking they knew nothing but then found their way into other teams, such
as Marketing, Design, Documentation, QA, List-Moderators or/and just ended
up helping people here.

TDF needs people who can't code to help in the many other things that need
to be done.  Even QA can usefully do with more non-coders and not just for
admin type roles.  Each of us could probably find some other team where we
could help TDF quite a bit with surprisingly little effort.

Also each of us could probably find a niche in one of the other teams where
we get a lot of reward and satisfaction - maybe even learn quite a bit in
the process.

Many people here already do so.  Some tried out a few different teams
before finding somewhere they felt most comfortable.  Some are still on
many other teams.  Some liaise between different projects, such as between
us and the Caligra Office Suite (a fork of KOffice).

Regards from
Tom :)