On 10/07/2015 07:56 AM, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi Mike,

Mike Scott schrieb:
[..]
Unfortunately I don't seem to have any choice in the matter. Whatever
page size I set (format|page) is /always/ transferred automatically to
printer settings, and shows up there greyed out and unchangeable. When I
set 'brochure', the format changes to landscape, and the paper size
stays the same, with the contents printing scaled down. This is with
5.0.1.2 BTW.

(The printer itself isn't an issue, btw; but thanks for the thought.
I've long since worked out which way to twist things between out and in
trays to make double-sided come out right!!)

Do you work on Windows? If not, then printing is more difficult. You might need a Linux or Mac user then to help you.

Do you have got a setting to toggle between system print dialog and LO print dialog? (This option does not exist on Windows.)

Do you now how to do an administrative installation? Then testing Lo5.1 might be an options.

You can try, export to pdf and use print dialog of Acrobat Reader, which is really good.

Kind regards
Regina

For me, since I never used the "brochure option", I set up a document
with the correct number of columns and margins for my brochure paper size.

I use US Letter and US Legal sizes of paper, and not A4 or A5.

For me, this seems the easiest way for creating the brochures I produce
from time to time.

I tried the "brochure option" many versions ago, but did not like it due
to printer issues with my HP laser printer and the Epson inkjet I had
back then.  I have not tried it on my Canon printer[s] that I bought
after the Epson printer died.

I just work with the manual brochure formatting [columns and margins],
since it is the way I find easiest for me to use.