Am 15.06.2015 um 13:45 schrieb Italo Vignoli:
On 15/06/15 12:47, Andreas Säger wrote:

LibreOffice exports OOXML for interoperability purposes, to serve users
(who are not knowledgeable about file formats).

Those "users" want nothing but a free OOXML suite.

It does not export OOXML to store data, and warns users about the risks
of using the format for storage purposes.

Unfortunately, although OOXML is a broken file format it is also an ISO
standard, and for enterprise level adoptions you must offer it to be
compliant with migration requisites.

Which never requires writing out this shit.

Legacy Microsoft formats have the same problems of OOXML, and they are
supported exactly in the same way. LibreOffice supports them as well as
OOXML, and users have the option of choosing the one they prefer.

Legacy formats are very well supported since many years. On topic: No
sheets get lost.
LibreOffice does a very good job reading all kinds of foreign file
formats. However, writing out OOXML has too many flaws so it does not
serve anybody because even if it looks right in your LO window, you can
never know how it looks on a Windows box running MS Office only.

Bringing Apache OpenOffice - a software without developers affected by a
serious security bug (which has not been solved, even if the software is
still distributed, for lack of developers) - as an example of proper
behaviour is just hilarious (because, if the developers were there, the
feature would have been enabled as well, and you should know, because of
some old discussions on the AOO mailing list).

Calm down. I know that you are the politician of this project. As a
politician you are not interested in facts.

Contary to you, I offered several alternative ways how one can deal with
OOXML without installing MS Office.

Anyway, if you feel that AOO does it properly, you are free to use it.
Villeroy, you are known because of your activity against LibreOffice on
the AOO forum, but you should avoid spreading FUD on this mailing list.

Waiting for your command to remove LibreOffice from my machines ...