Something I'm not getting there...

To launch LibreOffice, you either use a shortcut of some sort, or directly
run a command in a run dialog. That's true for any OS.

There where solution proposed for either cases, on different OS. You can
either create a new shortcut to open documents to your liking, or even
alter the default one in the start menu in the exact same way. If you need
more advanced functionalities, it is even possible to point the default
shortcut to a script that will cook things the desired way.

How does that not answer the question at hand? Is there really a hard
necessity to add inside LibreOffice an option that can be handled with a
*lot* of flexibility directly from the OS? What I don't get is, what's the
difference between clicking an LO shortcut that open lots of documents, and
clicking an LO shortcut that open LO that opens lots of documents?

The only thing that isn't obvious from this thread is if you want to open
files, from a directory, where the actual list of files vary from time to
time, under windows. That's the cornercase that noone wants to touch, but
still easily feasible if that's really what is desired here (although it's
more a windows issue than a LibreOffice issue).

Unless I totally missed the point, and the question wasn't about
automatically opening a set of document when starting LibreOffice... in
that case, please ignore me.

--
Cley Faye
http://cleyfaye.net