On 16.04.2015 at 22:20, Andreas Säger wrote:
@tom

SHUT UP!!! If you don't have anything to tell.

:-(

I understand both:

 - Andreas, who is a high-level Libre/OpenOffice expert and really needs
exact and non-distracting communication

and

 - Tom who is a genius in association and cross-connection but with a high
percentage of (sometimes incredibly wrong) guessing

Personally, I'm in favour of Andreas' way of communication as I also get
distracted too easy by Tom's frequent associations.

But as far as I perceive it, a bunch of subscribers do appreciate Tom's
friendly tone, even if the contents is sometimes not very helpful.

Does anybody know a good solution for this dilemma?

The perhaps clearest way would be to set up a list policy, which says that
only short answers are allowed, or that only solution suggestions are
welcome, which the writer has tested himself - or something similar. But
IMHO it's absolutely not easy/trivial to define exactly what is welcome and
what not.

A different idea could be to split the list into a "first" and "second"
level support, with diffrerent list policies (e.g. in list 2 only
to-the-point-communication, no distraction allowed).

Another idea could be to ask Andreas to try to ignore Tom's messages, and
ask Tom to try to restrain himself. Does this sound helpful?

Regards,
Nino