On 04/13/2015 10:16 AM, Andreas Säger wrote:
But nobody does. Not my bank from where I import account statements,
yahoo finance, amazon, ebay, you name it.

Well, I often see it, particularly on government forms.  On the other
hand, I have often seen dates and wondered what format it was, as there
is nothing to indicate it or the date it actually represents.  Some
times I can guess, based on context or by looking for other dates to
determine which format makes sense. i.e. a number greater than 12 is
likely not a month.  ;-)

Given the amount of international interchange, even ignoring the fact
that local custom is often not followed, the only way to be sure is to
use the ISO spec and nothing else.  Isn't it also part of that ISO
certification that companies follow for business practices?